Christie: Hi everyone! Sorry I've been a little quiet lately!
I've been entertaining a visitor!
Please meet Chanel!
She is a Kurhn Doll!!
Christie: You have kind of a strange name.
Chanel: It's a Hong Kong thing.
Well, anyways... as you can see, Chanel is a bit shorter than me.
Chanel: What do you mean by that?
Christie: Uh... that... you're shorter... *confused*
Chanel: Are you trying to make a joke?
Christie: No... *more confused*
Chanel: *stares hard at Christie and decides she's telling the truth* Ok.
Christie: Oh my, is this a bathing suit? It's pretty skimpy 0_0
Chanel: Eh heh heh, yes, a bathing suit...
Heather: It's me, the human, and I'm going to do a quick
analysis of the doll, a review for anyone considering buying one.
Things I like:
1. She's got a lovely, lanky, elegant body
2. Her skin tone is a really pretty, pale color.
3. Her hair is really soft and luxurious.
4. Her clothes are cute.
5. Overall, she's super cute.
6. While this is not the body with elbow and knee joints, she's still quite poseable.
7. She was shipped super fast and it only cost $4 (I opted for them to remove the doll from the box)
8. Free gift!! flyingannalee sent along a free outfit, which was super sweet :)
Things I don't like:
1. Her makeup is wonky... look at the picture above. The bottom eyeliner/lashes on the left eye (to your right when looking at her) is way too low... and her eyeballs are wonky. I'll be repainting her for sure. It's not a problem for me, but for someone who doesn't paint, it would suck.
2. I thought I was getting the jointed body, the pics in the auction were misleading.
Here is a link to the auction I bought from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kurhn-Doll-2503A-can-DIY-Super-fun-Superset-/400303576154?pt=US_Dolls_Bears_Toys&hash=item5d33f3d45a
Wouldn't you think she was jointed at the elbows and knees?
No, when buying, you must ignore all promo pics and only look carefully at the
actual pic of the doll. You can see, in just that one pic, that she is in fact, not jointed at the elbows and knees. Bleh.
I would totally buy another one of these girls... their overall aesthetic is just too cute, and the pros outweigh the cons for me.!
I bought mine on ebay from flyingannalee, who is supposedly the
certified dealer of Kurhn dolls.
Check out her wares here: