Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Second Edition Native American Barbie

 Christie: Hi everyone! Today we've got a special guest!

Christie: Please let me introduce you to Native American Barbie, Second Edition!
She came here all the way from... uh.... from...
Say, what Native American Tribe are you from, anyways?
The back of your box is pretty vague!
 Native American Barbie: I'm afraid I cannot say.
Christie: Ah, you don't know either, huh?
Native American Barbie: No, it is not that I don't know, but that the idiot typing
this blog post does not know. Therefore I am unable to share my true origins.
Christie: Well... according to the back of this box... your *true* origins are Indonesia.
Native American Barbie: Nothing is ever simple.

Is this prop in direct correlation with how much Disney I watched as a kid?
Yes. I'm sorry ;_;


She's really very pretty, and I found at a thrift store for $3...
she was still in her original box, but loose inside of it.
She still has her original stand too :)

10 comments:

  1. Great find! She is very pretty. This is one of my favorite molds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... she's really lovely! I love her skin tone too, although it's a strange one, so I'll probably not be able to articulate her.

      Delete
  2. That's an awesome thrift find and in such good condition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was shocked... I usually don't find anything near that good!! Although yesterday the girls got a new car, heheheh!

      Delete
  3. Great find, she is very pretty and having a stand is always a bonus. Judging from the way Mattel have presented dolls from other countries, she probably isn't from any particular tribe, anway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... it's just weird to me since they came out with... at least two, maybe three in this series... why make so many non-descript Native Americans? 0_0

      Delete
  4. I have the Princess of Navajo barbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her so much. Always wanted to buy her but have a couple of similar dolls, so it doesn't make sense to buy her now. But she is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful doll! But I agree with you--difficult to articulate because of her skin tone. She's gorgeous on her own though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3$ is a really good price. Isn't there a SiS doll that might match her skin tone? There's also the Kenya dolls, but I don't own myself so I can't say for sure.

    ReplyDelete