It's me, Christie, here!
A very sweet Ms. Brini over at http://brinisdolldomain.blogspot.com/
tagged The Traveling Twig in a question and answer session!
Here's the gist,
I answer some questions, then ask 10 of my own.
Now, I'm *supposed* to nominate people,
but I always like to leave these kinds of things open ended...
so everyone can participate!
Actually... I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this bit... but this blog was basically a rant against craft/artist bloggers who, without warning, switched their blogs over from showing their crafts to doing nothing but posting pictures of themselves in outfits. Boy do I hate that.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good fashion blog (I even share links to them on my Links page)... but I don't like being hijacked like that. If you're a craft blogger who wants to post pictures of your daily outfit... then make a new blog! Or at least warn your followers that the blog is drastically changing!!!
2.What drives you to want to express and share yourself in the blogosphere.
Seeing the awesome stuff other people do. There is nothing that gets me motivated like an amazing blog. I think, "Yes! My blog could be like that!" and then go out and do something. Although I suspect I'd get even MORE done if I stopped looking at blogs altogether and just started creating
... but where's the fun in that???? XD
3. What skills do you want or have acquired that has made a big difference in your life?
Well, photography has always been very important to me, of course! It's so wonderful to be able to express what you're feeling or experiencing through photographs! I am a poet only through pictures.
4. How have your followers enriched your life?
By commenting! ... and no, that's not just a "please comment more on my blog" answer... that's an, "everytime someone comments, I go and see if they have a blog" because I'm interested in what kind of people take the time to look at what I do... and more often than not, I'm interested in following them back! (I follow via RSS feed... so some of them might not even know I follow them 0_0 )
I especially LOVE when people leave links in their comments back to their blog... because sometimes it's hard to find them otherwise!
5. What are the pitfalls of maintaining a weekly blog and how do make sure to find the time?
Sometimes I don't find the time, haha! Seriously though... I try to schedule at least a week worth of posts (or if nothing else, the Friday Fav post) in advance. Planning is half the battle. I always win that half... it's the implementing half that I sometimes lose!
6.What is the best advise someone has giving you?
(I'm answering this in regards to blogging)
Plan a month of posts ahead of time, and be flexible to change.
7.If you could do over one thing in your life, what would it be?
(I modified this question a little)
I would draw EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE.
8. Beside your blog, what is your favorite pastime?
Photography, crafting and reading. There isn't enough time in my day sometimes.
9. How many people have you smiled and said thank you to?
Oh, I smile at everyone, my face is molded that way, I can't help it :)
I usually say thank you too... it's my sister, Nikki, who can be a real biotch >8(
10. Would you agree that it is not the journey that you enjoyed but the lesson you learned and if so what was the lesson?
Or, is the journey the lesson? Ahhh, existential questions! Honestly, so far my lesson has been that all things are more fun in moderation... otherwise you get overwhelmed.
Sometimes I just need to slow down and chill out.
Now, I have some questions for you... and I invite any and everyone to answer them:
1. What made you decide to start a blog?
2. What blogs are your inspiration? (please link to them!)
3. How do you decide what to post?
4. What have you learned through blogging?
5. What is the most aggravating part of blogging?
6. What is the most rewarding part of blogging?
7. If you had infinite money to spend on your blog, what would you do?
8. Do you prefer blogs that tell a story or that share random posts?
9. What is the coolest feature you've ever seen on a blog (like Friday Favorites here... or weekly polls about topics, or anything that is a recurring feature)
10. What is your favorite thing to read about on a blog?
Also... if you do happen to answer any of these questions... please put the link in a comment here, as I'd love to read them!